Our Travel Bucket list
Posted on April 10, 2014 by Admin
There are so many places to see in this world, and so many things to do; we live in such an amazing world, why not take advantage of it?
A lot of people have a list of where they would love to travel, so here at Great Little Breaks, we have put together our own bucket list of our top travel dream destinations?.
1. Visit all 50 United States- Whether this is on one amazing road trip around North America, or over a lifetime, this is definitely on the list. From the city that never sleeps (you'd never be bored in New York City), the southern life of Texas, to the sunny beaches of California, there's so much to see and so much to do. It would certainly be an incredible experience.
2. See the Grand Canyon- This might tie into visiting all US States- because how can you visit Arizona without seeing the Grand Canyon- but you would be missing out if you passed it by. Over 277 miles in length, up to 18 miles wide, and over a mile deep, it is said that the Colorado River set its course millions of years ago. Imagine standing on the edge on the Grand Canyon without a care in the world...
3. Visit Rome's most iconic historical sites- Italy has so many beautiful sites, Amalfi, Venice, Sicily, Rome, and all an incredible past. The Colosseum, Herculaneum, Pompeii, and Mount Vesuvius are all on our list, and are all amazing sites. With such rich histories, and so much to see/learn about, this is definitely a must!
4. See the Northern Lights in Iceland- It's another beautiful natural event and it's definitely another must-see. One of the best places to see this spectacular show is in Iceland. But this beautiful country offers more than just the Northern Lights, with its lagoons, volcanoes, glaciers, waterfalls, and other wonders, Iceland is one country that you should not miss out on seeing.
5. Visit the Niagara Falls- These world famous waterfalls straddle the international border between Canada and the USA and form the southern end of Niagara Gorge. Millions of people visit these wonderful waterfalls every year, and no wonder- they are beautiful. Whether you view from the Maid of the Mist boat, or from the rainbow bridge, you won't regret your visit?
6. Walk on the Great Wall of China- Built between 220-206 BC, the Great Wall of China is a series of fortifications along an east-west line across the historical northern borders of China. This 13,000 mile wall attracts millions of visitors every year- and one day we hope to be some of them!
7. Visit Sydney, Australia- Australia is famous for many things, from the Sydney Opera House, to its Kangaroos, to its wonderfully warm climate. The city of Sydney is definitely on our list. The city is often mixed up as the capital of Australia, but it is actually the state capital of New South Wales, and is the most populous city in Australia. Whether you're taking a tour of the Opera House, visiting the Sea Life Sanctuary, or exploring Sydney Zoo, you're guaranteed a great time - can we go now please?
8. Go on the London Eye- This one is a little closer to home for us, but it's just as important. Visiting London is definitely on the list as there are just so many activities to choose from. Whether you're visiting the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, or the Natural History Museum, you'll always learn something new. From the London Eye you can see it all; definitely worth a visit.
9. Visit the Egyptian Pyramids- Another historical number on our list, the Pyramids are a must-see. These famous Pyramids are found just outside of Cairo and are counted among the largest structures ever built. They would be amazing to see, and more amazing to learn about. Here's hoping!
10. Go on an African Safari- One of the most famous areas for Safari in Africa is Kenya. This beautiful and wild country is home to a whole host of animals, including the big five (lions, elephants, buffalo, leopards, and rhino). Not only would you be able to see some wild and spectacular creatures, you would also be able to enjoy the amazing country itself. Certainly on our bucket list.
Have you been lucky enough to visit some of these amazing sites? Let us know in a comment below!