Glorious interior and beautiful surroundings, Hallmark Hotel Chester The Queen is filled with stunning features and award winning food, your stay will be one to remember!
- A three course evening meal in the hotel's restaurant on your first night in the two AA Rosettes awarded restaurant (worth £26pp)
- A chilled bottle of wine in your room upon arrival (worth £17.95)
- Two nights accommodation
- A full English breakfast served each morning
At a glance
- Home to over 70 festive wooden chalets, the Chester Christmas Market is certainly the spot to explore the local seasonal cuisine and many handmade gifts for loved ones
- Get a taste of the locally delicacies that are a hit at Christmas time. Keep yourself cosy with a spicy Mulled Wine or mug of delicious hot chocolate whilst you complete your Christmas shop
- Open seven days a week, from the 16th November until the 20th December – there is plenty of time for you to dust off your Santa hats and head down to the thriving market
Good to know
- Savour your dinner in the restaurant and indulge in the modern British menu, awarded with two AA rosettes
- Back at the hotel, escape the modern pace in the secluded Italian terrace gardens
- Visit Chester Cathedral and admire this unique blend of medieval and modern history
Our saving of 31% highlighted on this offer is calculated based on rates displayed on the hotel's website, compared to the Greatlittlebreaks selling price. An example of our discount throughout September is:
On 22/09/2017, this package totals £372.35, to include a two night stay in a Standard Room with breakfast and added value extras, as listed above.
Based on the Greatlittlebreaks price you will save 31%. Our discount was checked on 12/06/2017.
Walk through the colonnaded entrance of our magnificent brick and stucco Italianate Hotel and you’re following a trail blazed by some extraordinary guests. Since opening in 1860 to serve first-class rail passengers, we’ve entertained the likes of Charles Dickens, Cecil Rhodes and Lillie Langtry. We don’t believe she stayed with her lover, the Prince of Wales. But even if we did, we wouldn’t say. We’re terribly discreet.
Naturally the marvellous Grade 11 listed Hallmark Hotel Chester the Queen, a grand dame for over 150 years, has moved with the times. Its stunning Victorian features including a glorious curling four-storey open-well staircase with cast iron balustrade, marble-floored lobby and huge fireplaces have been enhanced by superb, often quirky contemporary design, with rich colours, intriguing historic photographs and striking light installations.
A multi-million pound refurbishment added 87 suites in 2008, and we’ve just opened the Virgins’ Row, a new series of wonderfully romantic rooms in the eaves of our famous historic building. We’re now the largest hotel in Chester with 218 rooms and suites – all boasting super-fast fibre optic Wi-Fi – guaranteeing accommodation for every taste and budget.
Along with a seriously good night’s sleep, we offer seriously good award-winning food. Kings' Grill Chef, Alan Davies, alchemizes fine locally sourced ingredients into a seasonal modern British menu that has earned two AA Rosettes. And while we like to be modest, we really must mention our renowned 103-item breakfast. Like our cocktail list, it’s the largest in the city. In time it will no doubt become a local institution, just like the delightful afternoon tea served in the Albert Lounge for over a century and a half.