As the nights begin to draw in, Christmas is slowly approaching and nothing beats wrapping up warm, and experiencing traditional festive cheer at the popular Salisbury Christmas market.
- Mince pie and spicy mulled wine on arrival (worth £6.50pp)
- Overnight stay at the Legacy Rose & Crown
- Full English breakfast
At a glance
- Located just a 5 minute drive from Salisbury Christmas Market, enjoy the spirit of a traditional German market which takes place in the very centre of Salisbury, in the historic Guildhall Square
- The market comprises of over 75 chalets, selling everything from the finest fudge and delicious goodies, to unique and hand crafted gifts to suit everyone
- You’ll also find all things traditional, like Gluhwein (mulled wine), Bratwurst (German sausage), Stollen and Lebkuchen (gingerbread)
Good to know
- The Salisbury Christmas market opens on the 29th November 2018 and ends on the 23rd December 2018
- This year’s Salisbury Christmas Market will also feature a real ice rink which will open on 29th November and close on 6th January
- Please note, Christmas photos are used for illustration purposes only
The Rose and Crown Hotel is a 13th Century coaching inn, with a riverside location in the city of Salisbury. The hotel has many original features remaining, such as the old wooden beams and log fire in the traditional oak bar. The hotel is ideally situated to offer views of the award-winning flowerbeds set against the backdrop of the River Avon. The property offers excellent accommodation with 28 well appointed bedrooms that are fully equipped for guests. Each of the rooms includes tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, satellite TV, telephone and modem point. The dining facilities offer a combination of elegant surroundings, innovative menus, fine wines and friendly and professional service. With patio doors leading directly onto the picturesque riverside terrace, guests can enjoy a freshly-cooked meal in the Pavilion Restaurant, whilst looking over the river with spectacular views of Salisbury Cathedral to enjoy.
If you're looking for something less formal, the hotel also offers a good selection of light meals and snacks for you to enjoy in the Avon Bar, hotel lobby or weather permitting, on the terrace. Staff at the Rose and Crown Hotel are dedicated to providing a friendly and professional service at all times, ensuring that your break is most enjoyable. Longleat Safari park is a great day out for all ages and is within a convenient distance from the hotel, the hotel itself provides beautiful views across the River Avon. Salisbury Museum is just 0.3 miles away from the hotel and with low prices admission fees & under 5's free, it is a must see!
Free parking available for hotel guests.
WiFi available throughout the hotel and is complimentary.
Meals are available continuously throughout the day from 07:00 until 23:00
Hotel does not accept pets
Wilton House & Gardens
Heale House & Gardens
Rockbourne Roman Villa
The New Forest
From M3 (J8) turn onto the A303 and head to the centre of Salisbury. Keep on the Salisbury Ring Road and head to Harnham.
Nearest Station - Salisbury: 0.8 Miles
Nearest Airport - Bournemouth: 19.4 Miles