Immerse yourself in the beautiful Wiltshire surroundings, a walker's paradise for many, whilst retreating for an overnight night escape in the village of Wroughton.
Buy me as a gift
- Delicious three course dinner served in the hotel's stylish Tempus Restaurant (worth £25pp)
- Enjoy a bottle of wine with your meal (worth £21.50)
- Overnight accommodation at Alexandra House
- Full English breakfast the following morning
At a glance
- From one of the many walking paths available in this rich heritage area, we recommend a short walk in the beautiful setting of Wiltshire's chalk grassland
- The area around the village of Avebury has much to offer including some of the finest ancient monuments in Britain. This walk starts from the village of Avebury where you can explore the wonderful stone circle and takes you past Silbury Hill to the West Kennett Long Barrow
- During your walk, spot the wildlife such as the brown hares, red kites and a vast array of wildflowers can also be seen around West Kennett Long Barrow
Good to know
- After a day of walking, retreat to the indoor swimming pool, Sauna and steam room where you can unwind and relax before enjoying a sumptuous evening dinner
- Once recharged, enjoy dinner in the unique atmosphere of the stylish Tempus Restaurant where seasonal produce and great wines come together to create a memorable experience
- The hotel is set in 20 acres of landscaped gardens and is just moments from Swindon and close to the Cotswolds and Bath
Our saving of 24% highlighted on this offer is calculated based on rates displayed on the hotel’s website, compared to the Greatlittlebreaks selling price. An example of our discount throughout December is:
On 21/12/2017, this package totals £156.65, to include a one night stay in a Standard Double Room with breakfast and added value extras, as listed above.
Based on the Greatlittlebreaks price you will save 24%. Our discount was checked on 21/12/2017.
Alexandra House is set in 20 acres of tranquil landscaped grounds, in the village of Wroughton located on the Southern Edge of the Cotswolds less than 20 miles from Chippenham and only four miles from central Swindon. Perfect base for exploring the breath-taking Cotswolds surroundings. The hotel has become renowned for offering the ultimate in deluxe accommodation, cutting-edge facilities & the highest of four-star standards. All of the 152 bedrooms offer the best in comfort & contemporary design. The beds have thick, soft mattress toppers & luxurious pillows, for a restful night's sleep. And for relaxing with your eyes open, decorative & supportive cushions are scattered on top of the beds. Facilities include, Ensuite bath & shower, WiFi access, Laptop safes, Tea & Coffee making facilities, Trouser press & Iron, Hairdryers, Dry cleaning service available, morning papers on request.Taste the sumptuous dishes in the Tempus Restaurant, made from locally-sourced produce. The mission is to simply deliver mouth-watering cuisine that caters to the dietary needs of guests.
The on-site health & fitness centre & the all-weather, outdoor tennis courts, provide ample opportunity for guests to relax & recharge their batteries. Facilities include an indoor swimming pool*, gym, all-weather tennis court, sauna & steam room. In addition, the beautiful, rambling countryside of the Cotswolds is right on the doorstep.
Free parking available for hotel guests.
Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel and is free of charge.
Check-in from 2.00pm / Check-out before 11am.
Under 16's are only permitted in the swimming pool during splash times (Mon-Fri 1-3pm, Sat & Sun 2-5pm).
Children under 12 can stay in a standard double room at an additional charge of £15 per night for a 'z' bed on a BB basis
Cots charged at £10 per night BB
Dogs are welcome and are £10 per dog per night, please inform reservations at time of booking.
Breakfast is served between 7am and 9.30am during the week and between 8am and 10 am at the weekend.
Evening meals are served between 7pm and 9.30pm in the restaurant or until 10pm if ordering from the bar menu.
Hotel check in: 2pm
Hotel check out: 11am
DISABLED ACCESS ROOM HAS WALK IN SHOWER - CALL TO CHECK AVAILABILITY
Science Museum Swindon,
Health Hydro - Swindon's beautiful Turkish Baths,
Lydiard Country Park,
STEAM - Museum of the Great Western Railway,
Closest train station is Swindon - 5 Miles away or 15 minute drive from the hotel
Both London Heathrow and Bristol is an hours drive from the property
Easily accessible from the M5 via junction 15/16