Great Little Breaks is a division of Hotelshop UK Ltd. This website is owned and operated by Hotelshop UK Ltd, registered in England (number 3812146) and trading office at:
Hotelshop UK Ltd, Brine Well House, Tower Hill, Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire WR9 8BY.
Tel: 01905 792801
Great Little Breaks may change this policy at any time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from April 2018.
Great Little Breaks take your data and experience very seriously. Your data is important to you and therefore important to us. Your data is treated in confidence and with respect. We do not store or hold any payment information from you and you can be sure that under no circumstances would we ever sell or share your data with any third party.
For our terms and conditions please click here .
What we collect
We may collect personal information from you when you sign up to our e-newsletters, complete an enquiry form and make a booking online or with our customer service team. The data you provide can include, but is not limited to:
- Name and other guests names
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- If you make a booking through the Great Little Breaks website your IP address (the digital address representing your connection to the World Wide Web) at that point in time will also be collected
- Any comments or feedback left via our feedback form is stored and maybe used on the website under our review and testimonials section
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping in order to fulfil your booking and so we can contact you about your booking (for example, in the event of any changes to your travel requirements or to provide services purchased)
- We may use the information to improve our future products and services. We will also reward our most loyal customers with further exclusive products and services
- With your permission we will periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- We store the bare minimum of personal data to meet our obligations as a limited company and can therefore comply with requests from relevant authorities in the event of a criminal prosecution
- When you make a booking with us, we will need to provide the accommodation provider and any relevant travel suppliers with guest names to secure your reservation but we will not pass on any contact details to them (address, email address or telephone number) unless we specifically ask your permission to do so
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are stored on your computer or mobile which recognise when you visit a website. It is very important to note that cookies can't harm your computer or device. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual, this can allow us to tailor our website by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
If you agree to cookies on our website we will use this information to track website activity so that a) we can try and improve overall user experience and b) be able to personalise our messages to you.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Managing your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When you make a booking with us online or with our customer service team you will be asked if you would like to become part of our VIP Members Club. If you agree, you will be signed up to receive our e-newsletters, you may wish to unsubscribe and you can do so at any time by a) clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of one of our marketing emails, b) writing to us at the above address or c) emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Unsubscribe’.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Under the European General Data Protection Regulation (and preceding legislation, such as the Data Protection Act of 1998), you have a right to request details of personal information we hold about you. A Subject Access Request can be made, in writing, to our Data Governance team and a request will be responded to within 28 days of receipt.
The request should contain:
- Full name
- Contact method e.g. email, phone number
- Any additional information that may help us to identify or locate your record such as a previous booking reference
- The time period you would like us to retrieve the data for
All requests should be sent to:
Data Governance, c/o Hotelshop UK Ltd, Brine Well House, Tower Hill, Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire WR9 8BY.
You also have the right to request correction of your data if you believe what we hold about you to be incorrect, or request removal of your data if you no longer wish for us to maintain your record. To do this, or for any queries related to how we handle or interact with your personal data, please put your request in writing to the above address.