Discover the beautiful winding valleys of the glorious Peak District and embark on a satisfying climb when you reach Jacobs Ladder. At the top take a moment to appreciate the staggering views across this walker's paradise.
- A three course dinner in the AA Rosette award winning restaurant (worth £29.50pp)
- Overnight accommodation at the 4* Shrigley Hall Hotel*
- A full English breakfast served to you on the following morning
At a glance
- Explore the natural beauty of the Peak District on The Kinder Scout Walk as you follow in the footsteps of Julia Bradbury, author of Unforgettable Walks and featured in The Outdoor Guide. Walk and discover an area of Britain integral to forming the very first National Trust walking trail
- Beginning in the picturesque Derbyshire town of Edale, as you walk into the moors you will soon discover vast, rolling hills and rugged rock formations like the famous Edale rocks. Be sure to bring your camera for a great photo opportunity
- Follow the meandering path of the powerful Kinder River as you begin your ascent of the plateau, which promises staggering views of the Edale Valley once you reach the top
Good to know
- Your furry friends are welcomed in the Standard bedrooms for a supplement of £10 per dog per night - charged on arrival. Please add a comment in the special request box, alternatively call our team on 01905 792801
- Only a short driving distance from the hotel, you can take a step back in time and visit Lyme Park, the ‘Pemberley’ film location for the BBC production of Pride and Prejudice
- *Some nights hold a minimum length of stay of two or three nights
Our saving of 37% highlighted on this offer is calculated based on rates displayed on the hotel's website, compared to the Greatlittlebreaks selling price. An example of our discount throughout December is:
On 15/12/2017, this package totals £189, to include a one night stay in a Standard Room with breakfast and added value extras, as listed above.
Based on the Greatlittlebreaks price you will save 37%. Our discount was checked on 09/08/2017.
An impressive 19th Century country mansion sitting in 262 acres of Cheshire countryside, Shrigley Hall Hotel sits high above the estate on the edge of the Peak District National Park and offers exceptional views. Historically a private family house, the Hall opened as a hotel in 1989 and was carefully restored to its original beauty.
All standard guest rooms are traditional in style, light, airy and functional with large work area and desk, sitting area with easy chairs and coffee table. You will find quality features in all the rooms including wireless internet access, complimentary refreshment trays and hairdryer.
There is an excellent 18-hole championship golf course and outstanding health and leisure facilities, located in the converted chapel, with a 14m swimming pool and extensive gym.
Unwind after a workout in the elegant bar and enjoy a meal in the beautiful restaurant, a popular retreat for residents and non-residents alike. The award-winning Oakridge restaurant offers a range of traditional and comtemporary dishes, as well as delicious seasonal dishes all year round. Guests can enjoy their meal with beautiful views across the hotel grounds, or enjoy a lighter meal at the bar, with views across the delightful courtyard.
It is almost impossible to imagine that this peaceful hotel is within easy access of major cities such as Manchester and Sheffield, and the M1 and M62 motorways. Surrounded by delightful parkland and lakes on the edge of the Peak District, this area offers countless walking and rambling routes.