Explore the delightful Wiltshire area, where the landscapes are truly timeless. With a network of footpaths on your doorstep, you can enjoy rural England at its very best.
- Dinner on both nights in the Rivers Edge Restaurant (£25pppn allocation)
- Packed lunch one day to enjoy whilst exploring the great outdoors (worth £9pp)
- Two nights accommodation at 4* Legacy Rose and Crown Hotel
- Full English breakfast each morning
At a glance
- Wiltshire boasts some of Englands best walking routes. Stroll along the path of the Kennet & Avon Canal, climb to the top of Cley Hill for breathtaking views or walk long distance trails such as the Ridgeway
- Why not visit Stonehenge and then explore the lovely surrounding Wiltshire countryside. This area has plenty of hikes waiting to be discovered
- Close by is the historical city of Salisbury, where the water meadows and peaceful setting give the city that countryside feeling - the perfect afternoon stroll
Good to know
- Set on the picturesque banks of the River Avon with views across to Salisbury Cathedral, this 13th Century riverside coaching inn is just a short walk from all the shops and sights of the city
- Back at the hotel, after a day of walking; enjoy a drink out on the terrace area overlooking the river
- The Rivers Edge Restaurant offers spectacular views across the River Avon
Our saving of 35% highlighted on this offer is calculated based on rates displayed on the hotel’s website, compared to the Greatlittlebreaks selling price. An example of our discount throughout November is:
On 23/11/2018, this package totals £448, to include a two night stay in a Deluxe Double Room with breakfast and added value extras, as listed above.
Based on the Greatlittlebreaks price you will save 35%. Our discount was checked on 28/06/2018.
The Rose and Crown Hotel is a 13th Century coaching inn, with a riverside location in the city of Salisbury. The hotel has many original features remaining, such as the old wooden beams and log fire in the traditional oak bar. The hotel is ideally situated to offer views of the award-winning flowerbeds set against the backdrop of the River Avon. The property offers excellent accommodation with 28 well appointed bedrooms that are fully equipped for guests. Each of the rooms includes tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, satellite TV, telephone and modem point. The dining facilities offer a combination of elegant surroundings, innovative menus, fine wines and friendly and professional service. With patio doors leading directly onto the picturesque riverside terrace, guests can enjoy a freshly-cooked meal in the Pavilion Restaurant, whilst looking over the river with spectacular views of Salisbury Cathedral to enjoy.
If you're looking for something less formal, the hotel also offers a good selection of light meals and snacks for you to enjoy in the Avon Bar, hotel lobby or weather permitting, on the terrace. Staff at the Rose and Crown Hotel are dedicated to providing a friendly and professional service at all times, ensuring that your break is most enjoyable. Longleat Safari park is a great day out for all ages and is within a convenient distance from the hotel, the hotel itself provides beautiful views across the River Avon. Salisbury Museum is just 0.3 miles away from the hotel and with low prices admission fees & under 5's free, it is a must see!
Free parking available for hotel guests.
WiFi available throughout the hotel and is complimentary.
Meals are available continuously throughout the day from 07:00 until 23:00
Hotel does not accept pets
Wilton House & Gardens
Heale House & Gardens
Rockbourne Roman Villa
The New Forest
From M3 (J8) turn onto the A303 and head to the centre of Salisbury. Keep on the Salisbury Ring Road and head to Harnham.
Nearest Station - Salisbury: 0.8 Miles
Nearest Airport - Bournemouth: 19.4 Miles